It is a known fact that almost all camcorders store your recorded videos in the avi format. The problem arises when you want to import avi to iMovie application. The application does not know what to do with your avi file. Either it is shown as an image or a sound or the files are not imported at all. If you also have come across a situation and are stressed out about it then don’t be
It is quiet easy. To load all your files to imovie avi files need to be altered a little. You need a convertor to change the avi file into a format that is supported by iMovie that includes mov, mp3, wav, aac, m4a, mp4 etc. There are a number of convertors available in the market that can help you achieve it. However, we here explain how to use the Bigasoft AVI to iMovie Converter for Mac. Apart from converting the avi files, the convertor enables you to convert files in other formats like vob, wmv, mts, mpg etc. to formats supported by iMovie.
- To begin with, install the AVI to iMovie Converter for Mac on your system. You can download the application from aimersoft.com/convert-avi/avi-to-imovie.html. After completing the installation, launch the convertor.
- Once you load the application, you can add the avi files that you wish to convert to the Bigasoft AVI to iMovie Converter. You can click on the add file button and browse to the location in which the avi file is stored or you can just simply drag the avi files into the convertor window.
- Next, you need to select the required output format so that your video becomes compatible with iMovie. Next to the profile button, on the right side you will see a drop down button. Click on it and a list of formats will appear from which you can select one. (Though, you can convert it into any format, it is advisable that you convert it into mp4 format.)
- Now, you are ready to convert your file. Just click on the start button and wait for the conversion to finish. It may take a minute or more depending upon the size of the avi file.
- Finally to import the files, launch the iMovie application. Navigate to the file menu and click on import movies option. Browse to location where you have stored the output file in step4 and you are ready to go.